Community

Do you use LinkedIn...

Notifications
Clear all

Do you use LinkedIn strictly used for business purposes?

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Socialize
Topic starter
(@socialize-user)

We're wondering if you feel its reserved for professional content only.

Topic Tags
8 Replies
chwami
(@chwami)

Very much so.. business only.. But, just like Facebook there seems to be no reward for the hard work you put in as a creator. Understanding that all of it takes time, the majority of these platforms take way too long to warm up!

2 Replies
themuthership
(@themuthership)

@chwami I personally struggle with LinkedIn because it feels like a place where you need to be ok bragging about yourself and that is not in my comfort zone 🙂 However, I know that it's important to highlight important work things, so I do it like taking medicine LOL, not often and not comfortably.  I hope to learn more about LinkedIn through Socialize as I bring in experts that can teach us all more about it.

Valigator
(@valigator)

@themuthership I like the way this guy, https://www.linkedin.com/in/dankading/ uses it and evidently it's been successful for him. I still question the emojis 🙂 but I do like the longer form storytelling.

Valigator
(@valigator)

I know LinkedIn is trying to serve more creators, but I go there primarily for business content. I do have a page for my channel and the it has been growing slowly. My husband and I have great networks there and I feel like we could leverage this more. 

1 Reply
themuthership
(@themuthership)

@valigator I feel like I need to find a way to share more 'creatively' over there and maybe the Socialize page will be my avenue to get there.  See above reply about my feelings right now.

Frank Strona
(@frank-strona)

I tend to focus on my business and/or professional interests. However, I advocate that it is also a great way to enhance your other passions. It creates a more well-rounded "snapshot" of a person to show interest in life outside of work in my opnion.

2 Replies
themuthership
(@themuthership)

@frank-strona I was hesitant to share my TikTok life on LinkedIn early on, thinking that colleagues might frown on it from a business perspective for me as a TV commercial director, but I have definitely gotten over that now as I realize more and more clients are confused about how to tackle social media, especially Tiktok, so I now feel that it enhances my professional resume and I find that leading with it professionally is a plus now.  LOVE the evolution!!

Frank Strona
(@frank-strona)

@themuthership exactly.. For me being a federal employee I was concerned as well but then I saw that the local health department staff found me more "human" when I shared that part of me

Share:

Scroll to Top