Sometimes it can be challenging to find the right music for your Instagram reels. A simple search often doesn’t reveal the song or sound you’re seeking. You can try searching by song title or artist, but if that doesn’t do it, watch this quick tutorial which provides a useful strategy for finding and saving music to use right away, or at a later date.
- First try searching by the song name, sound name or artist’s name.
- If that doesn’t reveal the sound, scroll through videos until you find something you like or what to use for example, a trending sound is always helpful for potential engagement.
- Once you find what you like, click on the square music icon on the lower right and then click ‘save this audio’.
- When you’re ready to make your Reel, tap the audio tab in Instagram Reels, click on ‘saved’ and then tap either ‘original audio’ or ‘music’ to find the sound you saved.
- Select the part of the sound you want to use and either record or upload your video!
Using music that others are already using can be helpful in making an audio decision. Often times when you hear the same sound repeatedly as you scroll through your feed, it means that the sound or song is trending. Using that sound could help you get more views since the algorithm tends to push out the videos with that sound. This provides the potential to be seen by more new viewers. If you are trying to gain followers, when they see your video, they might come to your profile to see more of your content. If they feel a connection, they will likely follow! That is the magic of social media!
Want more content creation tips, lessons and inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the weekly Creative Forecast which provides original content ideas, trend alerts and music suggestions. I also host monthly free live workshops where you can learn about creating content at a nice slow and user-friendly pace.