Want to do a trip down memory lane? The latest TikTok Teenage Dirtbag trend has everyone sharing photos from their teenage years.
In the TikTok tutorial below, I show you how to do the trend. It also doubles as a lesson on using green screen filter, which you can use for many more videos beyond this one.
- Pick the three photos you will be using ahead of time and keep them saved in a folder, or put them at
the beginning of your camera roll so they’re easily accessible.
- Grab the trending audio from Tiktok (which is linked in the caption of the TikTok embedded above). The song is Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus.
- Once you do, the green screen effect will turn on. But you need to first turn it off because you don’t want it in the opener.
- Set the timer to 4.4 seconds to record your opening (so when the chorus hits “I’m such a teenage dirtbag, baby, that’s when you’re sharing the photos of you as a teenager).
- Then you need to turn the effect back on, which will bring up your camera roll. Select the first photo, put it in the background and make sure to keep your face away from the front of your phone because you don’t need to be on the screen when it’s cycling through your old photos. One way to do this is to flip your camera so it’s not facing you.
- Tap the record button to the beat so that the first shot hits on the right beat
- Then you pick your next photo, tap again, and pick our last photo and tap one more time.
That’s all there is to it. Get inspired and find your true teenage spirit through this trend. Tag me in your TikTok so i can see how you did. And now that you know how to do the green screen effect, you can use it for many other types of videos. Get inspired!