two cameras for the price of one
Instagram Reels has released a long-awaited feature (Instagram Dual) that will open up a host of creative uses for you. It uses both your front and back camera to create two views on the video. You can choose when the camera facing you is on the main screen or the thumbnail in the top right.
Here’s the tutorial (posted on TikTok, so it doesn’t cut off everything I needed to say!)
I think TikTok needs the dual feature too – don’t you??? 💙 #instagramtips #intagramtutorials #instagramreels #socialmediatips #hellosocialize
- First, start a Reel and look for the “Dual” option (the icon is a camera) at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Then decide whether your forward- or backward-facing camera will be the dominant image. You can press the reverse icon on the bottom right to switch back and forth to find the look that best fits your video.
- You can move the “thumbnail” wherever you want, so it doesn’t obscure something that may appear in the top-right of your screen.
- Then you just need to record and post. That’s it.
Dual can open up so many cool things that were either difficult or impossible previously or required a lot of editing.
- Want to be on camera while giving a tour of your house?
- Want to demonstrate how to use a product?
- Want to react to something funny, but you want the bulk of the video to be on the funny thing?
What else can you do with this new feature? Let me know in the comments.