Here’s a much-requested tutorial: the new TikTok disappearing trend. As I’ve said before, one of the reasons why I love TikTok so much is it makes previously difficult camera tricks accessible for everyone.
Like with many other TikTok trends, you’ll want two different looks to complete this video. But make sure your first one has a hood on it (a sweatshirt works great). It may take one or two edits or re-records to get it right, but you’ll be delighted when you do.
Click here for the music: @themuthership and register for my FREE TikTok workshop to receive the replay if the timing doesn’t work for you 💫 #tiktoktutorials #tiktoktips #tiktokteacher #disappearingact #themuthership #transitiontutorials
- First, grab the music from the caption in the video above.
- Then touch the timer and slide to 5.5 seconds, which is the approximate point during which you’ll want to remove your hood, which creates the transition.
- Start recording, while lip-syncing the lyrics “And you don’t know how to keep your business clean” (saved you a click!)
- Then set the timer to 5.7 seconds, holding your hooded sweatshirt or shirt in front of the camera (while standing off camera). When the timer clicks down, you have .2 seconds to quickly pull up the first shirt. Make sure you lift it out of the frame completely.
- Next, you need to select the shirt you will be changing into. Set the timer to 6.0 and drop the new outfit from the sky.
- Then change into your new outfit. And set the timer to jump into the frame.
- As you see from my example above, you may need to edit some of the clips or redo if, as in my example, your arm is visible.
That’s it to do the disappearing TikTok trend! Hope you have fun doing this. And if you record one, please tag me in the comments so I can check it out.