Slam, bam, thank you ma’am. The hoodie slam is a trend that keeps popping up, but mastering this one takes some work. As you can see with my finished product and the other TikTok’s using this trend, it’s well worth it. You’ll need a tripod and a separate device to play audio so you can lipsync correctly.
- Play the song loop on your iPad.
- Start filming on your phone (not directly on TikTok) as you will want to edit it using CapCut.
- You’ll start your recording in the middle (with your head down on the table). Time it so shortly before the audio goes “WOAH”, you are pulling your head up so you can lipsynch shout “WOAH” at the same time.
- Proceed lipsyncing as you take the hoodie off.
- Keep lipsyncing as the audio loop starts at the beginning; you’ll need the right audio for the right moment in the final video to ensure everything matches up.
- Time it so you are slamming the hoodie down right before the moment the audio goes “WOAH,” so you’ll be able to match them up.
- Go into CapCut and import the video.
- Scroll to right before you start picking your head up from the table, hit split and cut everything before that.
- Then scroll to the part where the hoodie hits the counter, and delete everything after it.
- Go back to the beginning of the video, and find the part where the song starts (it will be in the middle of your loop) and move that part to the beginning of the video. Now, the loop in complete.
- Save the video and upload to TikTok, selecting the audio to run with the video. I kept the video audio quite high because I really liked the sound of the hoodie hitting the table. The two songs should align nicely so you don’t have to worry about an audio mismatch.
That’s it – something that looks so effortless takes a bit of effort, but it’s totally worth it!