Freeze! Vogue! Pose! Do whatever you like. The latest TikTok trend is the freeze frame, a great way to show off your best side during a TikTok video. See how you can do it with the step-by-step instructions below.
- Grab the music from the video that is linked in the caption in the tutorial above.
- Make sure when you grab the music, you see “freeze frame photo” at the bottom of the screen. That will embed the freeze frame option when you start recording the video. If you don’t see it, you may not have the effect available to you yet. In that case, bookmark this tutorial and try again later.
- If the freeze frame is available to you, you only need to tap the screen once to activate it and then tap it again to go back to the normal video you’re recording.
- This requires you to either be next to the phone as it records (so you can tap to initiate the freeze frame) or have someone else handle it. As you can see, I tapped the screen myself. Don’t worry, if you tap at the bottom, you won’t really see yourself tap the screen in the final video.
- Make sure you don’t linger too much on the freeze frame, or another one of you will pop in from the bottom (if you don’t get it right the first time, you’ll see what I mean).
- Record your video and tap once and then again at the appropriate time.
That’s it! Strike a pose. It’s really easy once you get the hang of it. Here’s my take on it.
If you do yours, tag me – I’d love to see how you used the freeze frame to explore your creativity!