Ever want to be in multiple places at once? Can’t do that in real life, but you definitely can in TikTok. If you’ve spent any time on TikTok, you’ve probably noticed some of the funniest (or most dramatic) ones include someone pretending to be multiple characters.
You may have thought you needed multiple cameras and a background in editing to do it well. But that’s not the case. I show you how to do it below using just one phone and your creativity. A quick note: the example below only involves two characters. If you are featuring more than two characters, you will really need to sketch out who is speaking to whom, where they are positioned, and plan where each character is looking accordingly. If you’re just starting out, I’d recommend trying two people first and building from there as you get more experience. Without further ado, this is how you do a multicharacter TikTok:
Here is audio:@themuthership multiple character TikToks are so easy with the start over feature in studio 🙌 have fun! #multiplecharacters #lipsynctutorial #tiktoktutorials #beginnertiktok #themuthership
- First pick the sound you want to use. I used the one linked in my caption, but use whatever you want for your particular video.
- Then set a timer for how much you want to record the first character.
- Depending on how you will be setting up the dialogue, you want to look in the direction of the “second” character you’re addressing. In other words, don’t look on camera. Look to the space where you will be placing the second character.
- Then you should adjust the timer and record the second part by putting your hand over the camera. Don’t worry, you’ll edit this later to include your second character in the spots you’re currently covering the camera.
- Continue the rest of the video by recording what you want the first character to say and cover the camera with your hand the parts you leave for the second character.
- When you’re done with the first pass-through, go to next and change your clothes for your second character. Then click back twice so it shows your stream of content. Click on the parts that you covered with your hand, and scroll until you find “start over.” This lets you re-record for the specific block that was previously covered by your hand. Repeat for the others parts.
Here’s my finished version. If you record one as well, tag me in the comments. Would love to see what you did.
Tutorial up next to learn how to create multi character videos quickly without changing back and forth #chemolife #wiglife #austinpowers #multicharacter #tiktoktutorial #tiktokteacher #themuthership