I’m all over any trend that involves Pat Benatar. But this one is really fun and looks amazing if you get it right. And trust me, it will take a little trial and error to get it right. I’m talking about the Heartbreaker challenge on TikTok, featuring the song by the same name from Pat Benatar. It requires a seamless transition, so don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time.
For this TikTok, you’re going to want two different outfits, so plan ahead.
- First, select the music “Heartbreaker,” by Pat Benatar.
- Then set your timer to 7.1 or 7.2 seconds; this is important as it’s the moment in the song when you will want to make the transition. You should listen to the song a few times to really understand when the transition needs to happen in the song (the second drum beat)
- For the seven or so seconds in the first video, you will want to start walking backwards to a chair with boots in your hand. Sit down a second before the transition and then drop the boots while kicking your feet in the air.
- Then, change into a new outfit and film the second part. Here you should be sitting down in the chair again with your legs up in the relative position they were in when the first video ended (as you can see in my tutorial, if you start with your legs down, you’ll have to edit that part out. Get out of the chair and dance!
- Check the combined clips to see if you need to make any edits (you likely will need to do a bit of trimming). Once you have the video how you want it, make sure there’s no black space at the end (if there is, delete it).
- Post and join the party, heartbreaker!
Reach out to me if you want to get on TikTok and learn how to do it, Pat!